In the News
- One In Six Species Could Disappear Due To Climate Change, New Study Finds (Huffington Post, Apr 30, 2015)
- Why Tesla’s announcement is such a big deal: The coming revolution in energy storage (Washington Post, May 1, 2015)
- CalRecycle Awarded $1.74 Million in Settlement (CalRecycle, Apr 7, 2015)
- California Schools Hit Environmental Milestone: Environmental education commitment reaches new heights amid historic drought (CalRecycle, Apr 20, 2015)
- Earth Day 2015
Earth Day is an important time to reflect on the natural beauty that surrounds us and our duty to protect it – and it’s a terrific way to celebrate our commitment in fun events in our own neighborhoods. Check out our Earth Day 2015 page which includes events happening near you!
- State of Recycling in California
- Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling
California businesses are required to start recycling their organic waste by April 1, 2016, depending on the amount of waste they generate each week. By 2016, local jurisdictions must have an organic waste recycling program in place for those businesses. See our Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling page for more information.
- 2015-16 Budget Change Proposals
CalRecycle has several budget change proposals (BCP) under legislative consideration for Fiscal Year 2015-16. Please direct your inquiries to our Office of Legislative and External Affairs (916) 341-6283.
and the Environment Initiative
CalRecycle is helping to secure our recycling future by strengthening environmental awareness in the classroom. Learn more about the California Education and the Environment Initiative!
- California's 75 Percent Initiative
California’s new goal--recycle 75 percent of our solid waste by 2020. Join us!