In the News
- California is ahead of the game as Obama releases Clean Power Plan (Aug 4, 2015)
- Which U.S. cities are recycling champions? (Aug 4, 2015)
- Recycling Fraud Border Bust-Third Arrest of 2015: CRV scammer thwarted with $7,000 haul (Jul 7, 2015)
- State of Recycling in California
- Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling
California businesses are required to start recycling their organic waste by April 1, 2016, depending on the amount of waste they generate each week. By 2016, local jurisdictions must have an organic waste recycling program in place for those businesses. See our Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling page for more information.
- 2015-16 Budget Change Proposals
CalRecycle has several budget change proposals (BCP) under legislative consideration for Fiscal Year 2015-16. Please direct your inquiries to our Office of Legislative and External Affairs (916) 341-6283.
and the Environment Initiative
CalRecycle is helping to secure our recycling future by strengthening environmental awareness in the classroom. Learn more about the California Education and the Environment Initiative!
- Top 10 Tips to Cut Your Waste Down to Size
- California's 75 Percent Initiative
California’s new goal--recycle 75 percent of our solid waste by 2020. Join us!