The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) maintains this website to enhance public access to information and services provided by CalRecycle.
CalRecycle’s goals for the website include:
- Provide timely and convenient access to CalRecycle publications and information about all of CalRecycle’s programs.
- Reduce waste generation and increase the productivity and effectiveness of CalRecycle staff through electronic dissemination of CalRecycle documents and other information.
- Through the use of external links, provide CalRecycle website users with convenient access to other resources available on the Internet.
- Make effective use of current and evolving Internet technologies to maximize benefits to CalRecycle’s clients and help California achieve 75 percent diversion of its waste from landfills.
- Provide an archive of past program activities for the use of the public and CalRecycle staff.
Whom to Contact
- Questions about the content of a specific portion of the CalRecycle website should be referred to the contact listed in the footer of that page.
- Questions about the general content of the CalRecycle website should be directed to the Public Affairs Office at (916) 341-6300.
- Questions about the technical aspects of the site should be e-mailed to the CalRecycle Webmaster at email@example.com.
Content and Liability Disclaimer
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions contained at this Website, and reserves the right to make changes without notice. Accordingly, all CalRecycle and any third party information is provided “AS IS.” CalRecycle provides no warranty, either expressed or implied, as the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of furnished data. If you find any errors or omissions, we encourage you to report them to the contact listed in the footer of that web page.
CALRECYCLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
In no event shall CalRecycle be liable for any damages whatsoever, and in particular CalRecycle shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the CalRecycle website or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law, or otherwise.
User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CalRecycle and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the CalRecycle website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the State of California or CalRecycle.
Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Provision of the Data
Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restricted access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, home pages, and files are reorganized. User expressly agrees that use of CalRecycle’s website is at the user’s sole risk. Neither CalRecycle nor any of its respective employees warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free.
External Links Policy
External Websites Linking to This Website
Other websites are invited to include links to the CalRecycle website. While we appreciate it if you let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) who you are and what part of our site you are linking to, permission is not required. If you want to use our logo when you link to us, please read our CalRecycle logos web page, which explains how to request permission to use our logo and displays some sample logos.
Links to External Websites
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) is a public agency of the State of California. As such, CalRecycle must avoid any impropriety, or appearance of impropriety, in terms of the information or external links available on its website.
CalRecycle may, at its discretion, create links to other websites that meet the following criteria.
- The external link will assist CalRecycle in fulfilling its mission.
- The external link will provide information of value to CalRecycle customers.
- The organization being linked to is not engaged in any legal or enforcement proceedings with CalRecycle.
- The external website is managed in a professional manner (i.e., fully operational and available most of the time, etc.).
- If the external website is a commercial site, the site owner is either an active partner in one of CalRecycle’s programs, or supplies information or products that support the principles of integrated waste management.
- The external website does not contain information that would offend common standards of decency and propriety.
CalRecycle will remove any external link that does not continue to meet these criteria.
External links do not imply any State of California or California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) endorsement of the opinions or ideas expressed therein, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The user specifically acknowledges CalRecycle is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
CalRecycle reserves the right to modify these criteria and add/delete links based upon the modification at any time and without notice.
Some CalRecycle web pages that collect data from users via a web form may not work correctly or at all if viewed with older web browser versions. To provide the highest level of services to the broadest base of users on a limited state budget, CalRecycle does not support older web browsers/mobile devices that are 1) used by a very small percentages of the CalRecycle user community, or 2) browser versions no longer actively supported by the web browser’s distributor.