The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery’s (CalRecycle) Used Oil Recycling Program develops and promotes alternatives to the illegal disposal of used oil by establishing a statewide network of collection opportunities and undertaking outreach efforts to inform and motivate the public to recycle used oil.
Major Program Goals
- Provide the public with convenient collection locations for used oil.
- Develop methods to motivate the public to recycle their used oil.
- Provide payments to local governments for development and maintenance of used oil and oil filter collection and recycling programs.
- Provide grants to local governments, nonprofit organizations, and for research and demonstration projects.
- Learn more about the Used Oil Enhancement Act, which is a law designed to discourage the illegal disposal and to promote used oil recycling statewide.
- Read our collection of used oil publications covering varying topics including annual reports, technical reports, guidebooks and general public information.
- Learn more about rerefined oil.
Public Service Announcements
3000 Mile Myth
Audio (00:00:30) | PDF Transcript (2008) More information…
Used Oil Recycling (2007)
English (Used Oil Should Be Recycled)
English (Used Oil Should Always Be Recycled)
En Español (Recicle Aceite Usado)
For more information contact: Certified Collection Center, UsedOilCCC@calrecycle.ca.gov or Household Hazardous Waste, UsedOilHHW@calrecycle.ca.gov.