Procedure for Claiming the Recycling Incentive

To apply for the recycling incentive you must be certified and registered with CalRecycle. Used lubricating oil hauled to a certified recycling facility on or after the date of certification is eligible to be claimed for the recycling incentive.

To File a Claim

Complete the claim form, following the directions on the form. The following supporting documents must be included with a completed claim form to be eligible for payment of the recycling incentive. Please note: Operators filing their first incentive claim with CalRecycle must include a Payee Data Record (Std. Form 204) and Lubricating Oil Purchase Receipt (CalRecycle Form 326) with their claim.

Certified used oil collection centers, industrial generators and curbside programs must submit copies of completed, typed or legibly handwritten manifests or modified manifest receipts from approved used oil haulers with the claim.

All used oil incentive claims/reports, inquires, and correspondence pertaining to incentive payments should be mailed or delivered to the following location:

Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
Administration and Finance Division, Mail Stop 19A
1001 I Street
P.O. Box 4025
Sacramento, CA 95812-4025

To be eligible for full reimbursement of the recycling incentive, a claim should be submitted no later than the 45th day following the end of the quarterly reporting period of claim/report. Incentive claims need not be submitted for a quarter if no used lubricating oil is hauled for that quarter.

The established dates for quarterly claim periods are shown below.

  • January 1-March 31
  • April 1-June 30
  • July 1-September 30
  • October 1-December 31

You must be certified or registered in the program. The date of certification is the first date you can claim oil picked up by an approved used oil hauler. In other words, if your program is certified or registered on the March 5, 2010, you may file a claim for oil picked up March 5 through March 31, 2010.

For More Information

For questions regarding the claims process, and general program questions, call (916) 341-6690.

For more information contact: Certified Collection Center, or Household Hazardous Waste,