Location: Olympic Blvd., Santa Monica, CA
Type of building: Public facility
Size (sq. ft.): 117,000
New construction for the Santa Monica Police and Fire Department headquarters.
Estimated date of completion: Fall 2003
Cost: $63 million
Owner: City of Santa Monica
Designed By: Cannon Design
Sustainable Building Strategies:
- Exceeds Title 24 Code by 36 percent
- Underfloor air distribution system
- Daylighting controls
- Recycled water for irrigation and toilet flushing
- Include green design early in the process.
- Make Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) documentation requirements part of contracts and budget.
Brenden McEneaney, LEED AP
Green Building Program Advisor
City of Santa Monica
1212 5th St., 1st floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone: (310) 458-8549