Illegal Disposal Site Abatement Grant Program
The Illegal Disposal Site Abatement Grant Program provides financial assistance to help public entities accelerate the pace of cleanup and restore sites from widespread illegal dumping of solid waste.
Eligible applicants include:
- Public entities, including:
- State agencies, and
- Joint Powers Authorities.
Eligible projects include solid waste cleanup project sites where cleanup is needed to protect public health and safety and/or the environment within the applicant’s jurisdiction.
- Waste removal and disposal.
- Security measures such as fences, barriers, warning signs, and other measures to prevent recurring illegal dumping at the remediated sites.
- These prevention measures and staff time are limited to no more than 25 percent of the overall grant amount. These measures can include public information materials.
- Health and safety measures required for eligible project work.
- These costs may include, but are not limited to, expenditures for contractors, public agency labor, rental equipment, preparation of designs, or consultant services directly associated with an eligible cost item.
- $1,000,000 available for each fiscal year.
- Up to $500,000 is the maximum available per applicant per fiscal year (FY).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Solid Waste Disposal and Codisposal Site Cleanup Grant Listserv to receive program updates via email.
Current Grant Cycle
No open applications at this time.
Upcoming Grant Cycle
Application materials for fiscal year (FY) 2024-25 will tentatively be available fall 2024.