The Construction Demolition and Inert Debris (CDI) Transfer and Processing Regulations Toolkit has been created to help users understand the new CDI regulations and how to apply them to various types of site operations and facilities. The Toolkit features a topic list developed in August 2003 by a steering committee comprised of LEAs and Board staff.
- Introduction/Do’s and Don’ts: Includes a brief history of development of the regulations and CDI do’s and don’ts.
- Statutes and Regulations: Includes links to CDI statutory authority, final regulations, and flowcharts.
- Permitting and Inspection: Includes types of operations and facilities, the permit phase-in process, and transfer processing vs. CDI processing.
- Part Tests: Includes a description of each test and a link to Advisory 58 on determining compliance on the 3-part test.
- Unique New Requirements: Includes a description and summary of each unique/new requirement from the Phase I CDI regulations.
- Construction and Demolition Recycling: Information on the CalRecycle’s program to promote reuse and recycling of construction and demolition materials.
- Hazards at CDI Sites: Includes information on physical and biological hazards, field activity procedures and personal hygiene/decontamination procedures.
- Tools and Resources: Includes links to inspections forms, CEQA reference information, a case study and calculation methods.
- Questions and Answers: Includes link to the LEA Central regulation implementation page with CDI questions and answers.