Distributors and manufacturers of beverages covered by the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act are required to register with CalRecycle in order to meet the reporting and payment requirements (CCR 2231, 2301).
To determine if your company is a beverage manufacturer and/or beverage distributor, as defined above, you may:
- Complete the registration form on line or
- Download and complete the pdf version of the form and submit it via fax or mail as noted on the top of the form.
After your registration form is received, a Recycling Specialist will be in contact with you. If your company is determined to be a beverage manufacturer and/or distributor, you will receive reporting identification number(s) and can begin reporting and paying processing fees and/or CRV.
If you have any questions regarding registration, contact the Registration Unit at (916) 323-1835 or email@example.com.
“Beverage manufacturer” means:
- Any person who bottles, cans, or otherwise fills beverage containers, or imports filled beverage containers, for sale to distributors, dealers, or consumers. (§14506)
- Notwithstanding Section 14506… the beverage manufacturer shall be deemed to be the person or entity named on the Certificate of Compliance or Direct Shipper Permit issued pursuant to Section 23661.03 and 23671 of the Business and Professions Code… (§14575(g)(2)(A))
- Every person who engages in the sale of beverages in beverage containers to a dealer in this state, including any manufacturer who engages in these sales. “Distributor” includes any person who imports beverages from outside of this state for sale to dealers or consumers in this state. (§14511)
- Notwithstanding Section 14511…the distributor shall be deemed to be the person or entity named on the direct shipper permit issues pursuant to Section 23661.3 of the Business and Professions Code (14560(a)(4)(A)).