- Professional Associations
- State/Federal Government
- More Resources By Venue Or Event Type
Network with local jurisdictions and learn about their programs.
The quick reference brochure Waste Reduction Tips for Large Venues and Events provides tips on how to implement a successful venue or event waste reduction program. (In your printer preferences be sure to set the paper size to tabloid 11″x 17″ and check the box so that the brochure prints to fit the page.) Limited hard copies are available by e-mailing the contact at the bottom of this page.
- Business Waste Reduction Resources Index. Search on line for help and information by topic.
- Recycled-Content Product Manufacturers (RCPM) and RecycleStore. These resources have searchable listings to help you locate and buy recycled-content products.
- Survey (2002). View the summary results from the Board’s 2002 survey of venues and events.
- California Resource Recovery Association (CRRA).
- Green Sports Alliance. The Green Sports Alliance is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help sports teams, venues, and leagues enhance their environmental performance. Alliance members represent over 220 sports teams and venues from 16 different sports leagues.
- California Fairs Alliance. The California Fairs Alliance is a subsidiary of Western Fairs Association, providing advocacy and resource development for the network of California fairs.
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control. Information and assistance with reducing and handling toxic and hazardous materials.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA)
- Recycle on the Go. Information on starting a recycling program in a public place such as stadiums, parks, events. etc.
- Waste Wi$e. Case studies and publications on a wide range of solid waste topics. The Waste Wi$e program is a voluntary partnership between the U.S. EPA and businesses, designed to reduce municipal solid waste and save businesses money.
More Resources By Venue or Event Type
- Events and Venues
- Institute for Local Government Special Event Best Practices Guide. Stop Waste Partnership booklet provides waste reduction and recycling tips for sporting events, concerts, conferences, festivals, farmers’ markets and other events. Includes summary of legal requirements, best practices, planning checklist, sample vendor contract language, and sample conservation policy for food service operations.
- Napa Recycling and Waste Services Special Events Recycling Guide. Features event planning and setup information, recycling tips, and bilingual recycling signs for use during an event.
- Venue Recycling in the U.S.A.PDF download National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR) Report on the potential recovery of beverage containers at venues and events.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Recycling, Reuse and Waste Reduction at AirportsPDF download
- U.S. EPA. Developing and Implementing an Airport Recycling Program
- U.S. EPA. Recycle on the Go: How to Start a Recycling Program at Your Airport
- National Resources Defense Council. How Airlines and Airports Can Clean Up Their Recycling Programs
- CalRecycle. Waste Reduction Ideas for Meetings and Conferences
- U.S. EPA. Recycling Organics at Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
- Thurston County, Washington. Conference and Event Waste ReductionPDF download
- America Recycles Day. Tools and Templates for Public Space Recycling at Fairs
- Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection. Recycling at Fairs, Festivals and Outdoor Events
- Public Place Recycling. Tips for Festivals and Fairs
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has produced multiple guides focused on sports and athletic venues:
- Keep America Beautiful. Recycle On the Go Webinar, Part II: Event Recycling at Large-Scale Sporting Events
- GameDay Recycling Challenge. Resources and Tools
- U.S. EPA. Guide to Recycling at Sports Venues