Everyone knows about recycling, but did you know that it’s even more important to reduce waste, reuse products and materials, and buy recycled-content products? It’s also important to dispose of hazardous materials safely!
Every Californian can help protect the health and well-being of our people and environment, and support growth in our state’s green economy with more jobs and recycling-based enterprises. Follow the links below to learn more and find out how you can help!
Reduce, Reuse, Repair!
- Reducing Waste at Home. This page provides a primer for waste reduction at home. It is a rough sketch of a plan of action–your action–to reduce the generation of waste. These are just the easiest things that you can do. There are many more, but they will probably become apparent to you if you make these a part of your daily life.
- Do-It-Yourself Oil Changers. Do you change your car’s motor oil? Did you know that State-certified used oil collection centers will take your used motor oil and will render upon request the recycling incentive?
- Check Your Number: How Often Should You Change Motor Oil? Check the recommended oil change interval in your owner’s manual. You’ll likely save time and money in service costs and do the environment a big favor–without hurting your car or compromising performance.
- Take Care of Your Tires. Each of us can do something to help avert potential problems caused by more than 40 million worn or damaged tires replaced each year in California. In addition, you’ll save money and be safer on the road.
- Remodel, Renovate, and Upgrade Green. If you are planning on undertaking a building project on your home in the near future, here are some suggestions to help you get started.
- Zero Waste. Zero waste is a process and a philosophy that involves a redesign of products and consumption so that all material goods can be reused or recycled—or not needed at all.
For more information contact: Business Assistance, firstname.lastname@example.org.