Under the waste tire manifest system, waste tire generators are responsible for the following:
- Use Registered Haulers
- Obtain Tire Program ID Number
- Comprehensive Trip Log
- Additional Resources
Use Registered Haulers
Generators are required to use only waste tire haulers that hold valid registration certificates issued by CalRecycle unless the hauler is exempted by PRC section 42954. Exempt haulers need to have a copy of the “Letter of Exemption” issued by CalRecycle in their possession at the time of the haul. Registered waste tire haulers must carry their registration certificate in the vehicle used to transport waste and used tires, and these vehicles must display the registered waste tire hauler decal in the lower corner of the passenger side windshield.
- Foreign haulers are no longer exempt and must comply with waste tire hauler registration requirements.
- Common carriers, agricultural haulers, and all government agencies are exempt from the waste tire hauler registration requirements but must comply with the waste tire manifesting requirements described in this manual when hauling 10 or more waste tires from the generator.
Find a Registered Hauler
You can search the waste tire hauler database for registered haulers in your area (by county) or by calling 1-866-896-0600 (toll free).
Obtain Tire Program ID Number
Tire program identification (TPID) numbers are unique numbers assigned by CalRecycle to each business or public entity involved in the generation, hauling, and delivery or disposal of waste tires. Request a TPID.
Comprehensive Trip Log
The hauler will complete the Comprehensive Trip Log with the information that the generator provides. The Generator will review the applicable Comprehensive Trip Log receipt to ensure the information is accurate and complete, then initial the receipt, then retain the receipt for 3 years at their place of business.
- Sample Business Transactions: Scenarios and corresponding requirements for various business transactions involving generators, haulers, and end-use facilities.
- Guidance manual: For illustrations, instructions, and requirements of the Waste Tire Manifest Program.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Common questions and information pertaining to waste tire generators and end use facilities.