The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), administers tire grant programs to provide opportunities to divert waste tires from landfill disposal, prevent illegal tire dumping, and promote markets for recycled-content tire products. The Tire-Derived Aggregate (TDA) Grant Program provides assistance to civil engineers in solving a variety of engineering challenges. TDA, which is produced from shredded tires, is lightweight, free-draining, and a less expensive alternative to conventional lightweight aggregates. Eligible applicants include cities, counties, special districts, state agencies (including offices, departments, bureaus, and boards), qualifying Indian Tribes, and private for-profit entities that fund public works projects located in California.
Join the TDA Listserv to be notified by email for program updates and when funding becomes available.
Application materials for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023-24 will tentatively be available Late Spring/Early Summer 2023.
Note: “TDA” followed by a number is the cycle code for the Tire-Derived Aggregate Grant Program.
- FY 2022-23 (Cycle 19): Application Information | TDA19 Awards
- FY 2021-22 (Cycles 17 and 18): Application Information | TDA17 Awards | TDA18 Awards
- FY 2020-21 (Cycle 16): Application Information | No awards made for TDA16.
- FY 2019-20 (Cycles 13, 14, 15): Application Information | No awards made for TDA13 | No awards made for TDA14. | TDA15 Awards
- FY 2018-19 (Cycles 10, 11, 12): TDA11 Awards | TDA12 Awards | No awards made for TDA10.
- FY 2017–18 (Cycles 7, 8, 9): TDA8 Awards | TDA9 Awards | No awards made for TDA7.
- FY 2016-17 (Cycle 6): TDA6 Awards
- FY 2015-16 (Cycle 5): TDA5 Awards
- FY 2014-15 (Cycle 4): TDA4 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycle 3) (Application Information and TDA3 Awards)
- FY 2012-13 (Cycle 2) (Application Information and TDA2 Awards)
- FY 2011-12 (Cycle 1) (Application Information and TDA1 Awards)
For more information contact: Tire Recycling, Cleanup and Enforcment Grants, Grants@calrecycle.ca.gov