The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for local governments/other eligible jurisdictions to receive payments for used oil and used oil filter collection/recycling programs. Eligible applicants are limited to local governments, which are defined in statute as “any chartered or general law city, chartered or general law county, or any city and county.” The applicant’s local used oil collection program must include used oil and used oil filter collection opportunities and a public education element as outlined in Public Resources Code (PRC) § 48691. PRC § 48653 provides a maximum of $11 million per fiscal year for this program. Actual budget amounts are determined annually as part of the State budget process. Payments are calculated per capita using the Department of Finance’s population statistics.
If you have questions that are program specific, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycle Specific Information
Application materials for the Fiscal Year 2022-23 Application were due June 28, 2022. Revised
Note: “OPP” followed by a number is the cycle code for the Used Oil Payment Program.
- FY 2021-22 (Cycle 12): Application Information | OPP12 Awards
- FY 2020-21 (Cycle 11): Application Information | OPP11 Awards
- FY 2019-20 (Cycle 10): OPP10 Awards
- FY 2018-19 (Cycle 9): OPP9 Awards
- FY 2017-18 (Cycle 8): OPP8 Awards
- FY 2016-17 (Cycle 7): OPP7 Awards
- FY 2015-16 (Cycle 6): OPP6 Awards
- FY 2014-15 (Cycle 5): OPP5 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycle 4): OPP4 Awards
- FY 2012-13 (Cycle 3): OPP3 Awards
- FY 2011-12 (Cycle 2): OPP2 Awards
- FY 2010-11 (Cycle 1): OPP1 Awards