Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup Grant Program
Eligible entities are:
- Local governments (cities, counties, or cities and counties)
- Special districts
- Qualifying native American tribes
- Joint powers authorities, where all participating entities are otherwise eligible
CalRecycle oversees a competitive grant program to provide funding for collecting, removing, transporting, recycling, and disposing of California waste tires from tire piles and illegal dumping areas.
- Funds are limited to the removal of waste tires:
- Along public rights-of-way
- On private property.
- This grant has a 2-year grant term and is offered in even years.
Funding is determined by the Governor’s Budget and CalRecycle’s Five Year Tire Plan.
Eligible costs include:
- Contract costs for tire haulers
- Equipment rental
- Personnel time to manage the cleanup of tire piles
If you have questions that are specific to the Waste Tire Cleanup Grant Program, contact Cathy Aggergaard.
Current Grant Cycle
No open applications at this time.
Upcoming Grant Cycle
Application materials for the Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup Grant Program fiscal year (FY) 2024-25 will tentatively be available in Spring 2024.