The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers tire grant programs to provide opportunities to divert waste tires from landfill disposal, prevent illegal tire dumping, and promote markets for recycled-content tire products. The Tire Incentive Program (TIP) provides a reimbursement (as an incentive payment program) to eligible businesses that use (recycled) crumb rubber in eligible products or substitute crumb rubber for virgin rubber, plastic, or other raw materials in products. The program’s goal is to increase demand for crumb rubber and promote higher value products.
Join the TIP Listserv to be notified by email for program updates and when funding becomes available.
If you have questions that are program-specific, please contact Noel Davis.
Application materials for the fiscal year (FY) 2022–23 were due July 28, 2022.
Note: “TIP” followed by a number is the cycle code for the Tire Incentive Program.
- FY 2021–22 (Cycle 9): Application Information | TIP9 Awards
- FY 2020–21 (Cycle 8): Application Information | TIP8 Awards
- FY 2019-20 (Cycle 7): Application Information | TIP7 Awards
- FY 2018-19 (Cycle 6): TIP6 Awards
- FY 2017-18 (Cycle 5): TIP5 Awards
- FY 2016-17 (Cycle 4): TIP4 Awards
- FY 2015-16 (Cycle 3): TIP3 Awards
- FY 2014-15 (Cycle 2): TIP2 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycle 1): Application Information & Awards
For more information contact: Tire Recycling, Cleanup and Enforcment Grants, Grants@calrecycle.ca.gov