Solid Waste Disposal and Codisposal Site Cleanup Program
The Solid Waste Site Cleanup Program is part of CalRecycle’s technical Engineering Support Services.
The program addresses solid waste disposal and codisposal sites where those responsible for the site either cannot be identified or are unable or unwilling to pay for timely cleanup to protect the environment for public health and safety.
Grants to Public Entities
- Illegal Disposal Site Abatement Grant Program
- May provide up to $500,000 to cleanup illegal disposal sites.
- Legacy Disposal Site Abatement Partial Grant Program
- May give matching grants up to $750,000 to help cleanup:
- Environmental problems
- Old dumps and landfills
- Other legacy waste problems
- All grants are awarded:
- On a competitive basis
- Based on available of funds
Other Grant Cleanup Programs
- Local Government Loans – These loans are for local governments who can demonstrate:
- Need and
- The ability to repay state funds
CalRecycle manages some contracts in special cases with:
- CalRecycle-Managed Remediation is case-by-case assistance beyond the local entity(s) ability to fund a cleanup.