The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery’s (CalRecycle) Used Oil Recycling Program develops and promotes alternatives to the illegal disposal of used oil by establishing a statewide network of collection opportunities and undertaking outreach efforts to inform and motivate the public to recycle used oil.
Major Program Goals
- Provide the public with convenient collection locations for used oil.
- Develop methods to motivate the public to recycle their used oil.
- Provide payments to local governments for development and maintenance of used oil and oil filter collection and recycling programs.
- Provide grants to local governments, nonprofit organizations, and for research and demonstration projects.
- Learn more about the Used Oil Enhancement Act, which is a law designed to discourage the illegal disposal and to promote used oil recycling statewide.
- Read our collection of used oil publications covering varying topics including annual reports, technical reports, guidebooks and general public information.
- Learn more about rerefined oil.
Public Service Announcements
Used Oil Recycling (2007)
English (Used Oil Should Be Recycled)
English (Used Oil Should Always Be Recycled)
En Español (Recicle Aceite Usado)