Governor Brown signed Senate Bill 458 (Wiener, Chapter 648, Statutes of 2017) into law on October 10, 2017. This legislation authorizes CalRecycle to approve pilot projects proposed by jurisdictions to provide convenient beverage container redemption opportunities in underserved areas. The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle/Department) is proposing emergency regulations to add Sections 2750-2778, Subchapter 9.5, Chapter 5, Division 2, Title 14, of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) to implement the pilot project program authorized in Public Resources Code Section 14571.9.
Affected Regulatory Code Sections
Sections 2750-2778, Subchapter 9.5, Chapter 5, Division 2, Title 14, of the California Code of Regulations (CCR)
Current Status and Documents
The Office of Administrative Law approved emergency regulations to provide additional guidelines and requirements for the implementation of SB 458.
You may contact Sharon Siozon for additional information.
- Notice of Proposed Emergency Action. The notice of proposed adoption, amendment or repeal of regulation.
- Finding of Emergency. A statement of specific facts and finding that the emergency regulatory action is necessary for the immediate preservation of public peace, health, safety, or general welfare.
- Addendum to Finding of Emergency. Statements included as an addition to the Finding of Emergency.
- Emergency Regulation Text. The regulatory text that includes proposed additions or deletions to the current regulations.
- Final Emergency Regulation Text. The final version of the proposed regulations approved by the Office of Administrative Law.
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement STD 399PDF download. Copy of the economic and fiscal impact statement form.
- Notice of Approval of Emergency Regulatory Action. The notice from the Office of Administrative Law approving the proposed rulemaking.
CalRecycle posted a draft copy of the regulations for review and comment from December 17, 2018 to January 11, 2019.
CalRecycle held workshops on December 13, 2017 and March 20, 2018 to solicit input from interested parties for the implementation of SB 458 and the development of these regulations.
For more information contact: Legislative and External Affairs Office, firstname.lastname@example.org