Reporting & Payments for Beverage Distributors & Manufacturers
- Reporting Online through DORIIS (Division of Recycling Integrated Information System)
- Due Dates for Reporting & Payment
- Annual Reporter Program
- Current Processing Fee Rates
- Where to send payments
Reporting Online through Division of Recycling Integrated Information System (DORIIS)
Public Resource Code 14553(b) requires Distributor and Beverage Manufacturer reports to be submitted online through DORIIS.
A completed Portal Access Request (PAR) form CalRecycle 752, with original signature, must be submitted to CalRecycle before online reporting access can be granted. Once your request for online access has been processed you will receive an email with your login information.
Log in to DORIIS
For a step-by-step process of using DORIIS, please review the Beverage Manufacturer and Distributor Reporting and Manual (Updated September, 2015).
Due Dates for Reporting and Payment
Reporting and Payment Calendar
Reports and associated payments must be received according to the following time frames:
- Distributor Reports and associated redemption payments must be received by the last day of the month following the month of sales (e.g. sales incurred in July 2015 are due by August 31, 2015).
- Beverage Manufacturer Reports and associated processing fees must be submitted by the 10th day of the second month following the month of sales (PRC, Section 1475(g)(1)) (e.g., January 2015 reports and payments are due by March 10, 2015).
A Reporting and Payment Calendar can be requested by calling the Participant Management Unit at (916) 323-1837 or can be obtained online.
NOTE: Companies designated by the Division as Annual Reporters are the exception to these timeframes.
Annual Reporter Program
- Distributors: Section 14574 (b)(1) notwithstanding subdivision (a) of the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act, if a distributor displays a pattern of operation in compliance with this division and regulations adopted pursuant to this division, to the satisfaction of the Department, the distributor may make a single annual payment of redemption payments. For eligibility, please refer to Section 14574 (b).
- Beverage Manufacturers: Section 14575 (g)(3)(A) notwithstanding paragraph (1) of the Act, if a beverage manufacturer displays a pattern of operation in compliance with CalRecycle and the regulations adopted pursuant to CalRecycle, to the satisfaction of CalRecycle, the beverage manufacturer may make a single annual payment of the processing fees. For eligibility, please refer to Section 14575 (g)(3).
Current Processing Fee Rates
Where to Send Payments
Beverage manufacturer processing fees and distributor redemption payments should be sent to:
Attn: Accounting, MS 19A
P.O. Box 2711
Sacramento, CA 95812-2711
If you need to send mail to a street address (special delivery purposes), please send it to:
Attn: Accounting Office, MS 19A
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-2828
The requirements listed above do not cover every aspect of the law. It is the responsibility of the beverage manufacturer and distributor to read and understand the statute and all applicable regulations. Failure to comply with the statute (Act) and/or regulations may result in fines and possible civil penalties. If you need clarification, please call the Industry Services Section at (916) 323-1837 or (916) 323-1835.