Recycling Market Development Revolving Loan Program
CalRecycle administers the Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) loan program to assist recycling manufacturers with finance machinery, equipment, and ancillary costs, to site and expand in California (Public Resources Code, section 42023.1).
Recycling manufacturers use waste materials generated in California to make recycled-content intermediate and/or final products, assisting local jurisdictions in complying with landfill diversion laws, and supporting the Circular Economy.
Additional background and legal information on the RMDZ Loan Program is available on our RMDZ Law and Policy page.
- Private, for-profit entities
- Nonprofit organizations (except private schools)
- Local government entities
- Cities, counties, and cities and counties
- Regional or local sanitation agencies, waste agencies, and joint powers authority
All eligibility criteria can be found on the RMDZ Loan Program Eligibility Criteria pdf.
- Available Funds:
- FY 2022-23 $50,634,000 estimated
- Interest Rate: Generally 4.0 percent, but may be adjusted based on the loan applicants ability to repay and creditworthiness.
- For updates, send an email to Loans@Calrecycle.ca.gov
For information about the RMDZ Loan Program, including eligible/ineligible project types, download the RMDZ Eligibility Criteria.
The program’s Forms and Documents page provides the application materials.
- To learn more about the RMDZ program or apply for a loan, please provide your information via this form or contact your local Zone Administrator, or CalRecycle’s Zone Liaison for that area (see map).
- For questions specific to the loan program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about loans that have been awarded.
- Loan Award Information: Charts displaying data on number of loans awarded, amounts, and how funds were used.
- Loan Recipient Search: Search for loan recipients by business name, zone, county, product category, feedstock category, loan type, and/or year.
For more information contact: Zone Assistance Regional Zone Contacts, LAMD@calrecycle.ca.gov.