Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) Approved Labels and Descriptions for Carpet Invoices or Equivalent Billing Documents
Public Resources Code 42972 (c)(3)(B) says:
Each retailer and wholesaler shall add the assessment to the purchase price of all carpet sold in the state. The assessment shall be clearly visible on invoices or functionally equivalent billing documents as a separate line item and shall be accompanied by a brief description of the assessment or a label approved by the department.
Below are the CalRecycle approved labels and descriptions:
- California Carpet Stewardship Assessment
- CA Carpet Stewardship Assessment
- CA Crpt Stewardship Assessment
- CA Crpt Stwdshp Asmt
- CA Carpet Assessment
- CA Carpet Asmt
A retailer/wholesaler may officially request that an additional label or description be considered for approval and inclusion in the list. Please email requests to email@example.com.
Note that all labels need to help educate consumers about the purpose of the Carpet Stewardship Assessment.
An official request for CalRecycle to consider an additional label must provide the following information:
- The label being requested just as it will appear on invoices or functionally equivalent billing documents.
- An explanation of why one of the existing approved labels will not serve well and a different label is needed.
- Contact information including the name, title, phone number, and email address of the individual making the request.