Public Resources Code, Division 12.1, Chapter 7, Section 14581(a)(4) authorizes the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) to issue up to $1,500,000 annually in the form of grants for beverage container recycling programs. The availability of grant funding for communities will provide opportunities for CalRecycle to address recycling challenges, aid in increasing beverage container collection, and reduce beverage container litter in the waste stream. Eligible applicants for this grant program include California cities, counties, other local government entities, joint powers authorities, special districts, public colleges and universities, public K-12 school districts, nonprofit organizations and qualifying Indian tribes.
CalRecycle is seeking projects that implement new or enhance existing programs to provide convenient beverage container recycling opportunities in various locations statewide.
Join the Beverage Container Recycling Grants Listserv to receive emails when the Notice of Funds Available is released.
Application materials for fiscal year (FY) 2022-23 will tentatively be available summer 2022.
Note: “RBC” followed by a number is the cycle code for the Beverage Container Recycling Grants.
- FY 2021–22 (Cycle 33): Application Information | RBC33 Awards
- FY 2020–21 (Cycle 32): Application Information | RBC32 Awards
- FY 2019-20 (Cycle 31): Application Information | RBC31 Awards
- FY 2018–19 (Cycle 30) | RBC30 Awards
- FY 2017-18 (Cycle 29) | RBC29 Awards
- FY 2016-17 (Cycle 28) | RBC28 Awards
- FY 2015-16 (Cycle 27) | RBC27 Awards
- FY 2014-15 (Cycle 26) | RBC26 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycle 25) | RBC25 Awards
- FY 2012-13 (Cycle 24) | RBC24 Awards
- FY 2011-12 (Cycle 23) | RBC23 Awards
- FY 2008-2009: Application Information | See link below for awards distribution.
- Awards Distribution from 1987 to 2009
- Award History by County (1987-2009)