Eligibility | Funding | Timeline and Cycle Details | Grant Administration Documents
The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for the California Tire Recycling Management Fund to administer the Tire Recycling Act (Senate Bill 937, [Vuich, Statutes of 1990, Chapter 35]) and related legislation. This specific grant provides funding to city, county, and city and county agencies in California for waste tire enforcement activities.
- City and County
Applicants must have within their jurisdictions 50 (for a county) or 100 (for a city) or more active waste tire business that have Tire Program Identification (TPID) numbers.
Applicants may submit a collaborative application with authorization from other cities and/or counties participating in the collaborative program. A Participating Collaborative Jurisdiction(s) grants permission for a Lead Collaborative Jurisdiction (Lead) to perform waste tire enforcement activities in its jurisdiction, despite the fact that the Participating Collaborative Jurisdiction may not fall within the Lead’s jurisdictional boundaries. If a jurisdiction submits an application as part of a collaborative program, it cannot apply in this cycle individually or as part of another collaborative program.
Cities under the Jurisdiction of an Existing County Grantee
City agencies that are under the jurisdiction of an existing grantee are eligible if the applying city:
- Meets the eligibility requirements of this Program.
- Notifies the existing county grantee and CalRecycle of its intent to apply.
- Meets with the existing county grantee and CalRecycle.
- Demonstrates that complementary services are needed in its jurisdiction.
Based on the information provided by the applying city, CalRecycle will determine whether the city applicant will qualify as an eligible grant recipient.
Eligible activities generally include, but are not limited to:
- Inspections of waste tire businesses.
- Field patrolling, enforcement and case development for waste tire-related activities, including investigating illegal tire disposal activities.
- Providing education to waste tire businesses.
Eligible costs include personnel, materials, equipment, travel, per diem, and transportation costs to perform eligible activities and enforce waste tire permitting, storage and waste tire transportation laws and regulations.
- $6,050,000 available for fiscal year (FY) 2022–23, subject to funding availability.
- CalRecycle receives an annual appropriation from the California Tire Recycling Management Fund to administer the Tire Recycling Act and related legislation. The maximum amount a grantee may receive is based upon population figures provided by the California Department of Finance. Applicants with populations equal to or less than 900,000 are eligible to receive up to $350,000. Applicants with populations of 900,001 to 2,000,000 are eligible to receive up to $500,000. Applicants with populations of 2,000,001 or more are eligible to receive up to $650,000. A one-time Supplemental Grant may also be awarded for a Pilot Internship Program to provide TEA services to a neighboring County in this cycle.
Timeline and Cycle Details
|Dates||Activity and Details|
|December 13, 2022||Application Due Date
If you are unable to access GMS or need assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
|January 17, 2023||
Secondary Due Date - Resolution and Environmentally Preferable Purchasing and Practices (EPPP) PolicyIf the resolution is not submitted with the application: The approved resolution must be uploaded in
GMS by this date.
|February/March 2023||Grants Awarded
CalRecycle considers funding recommendations, and if approved, conditionally awards grants in this month (tentative).
|June 30, 2023 to June 29, 2024||Grant Performance Period
Grantee may incur costs from June 30, 2023 through June 29, 2024.
|September 30, 2024||Deadline for: Final Report, Final Payment Request and Request for 10 Percent Withhold.|
Grant Administration Documents
Notice: Submission of an application constitutes an acknowledgment that you have read these Terms and Conditions and understood and agreed that they will be part of the Grant Agreement upon an award of any grant funds.
The text of these Terms and Conditions may not be altered, changed or revised in any way, except in writing by mutual agreement of the parties pursuant to the Amendment provision herein. In the event of any dispute regarding the content of these Terms and Conditions, the original document contained in the grant cycle file located at the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, 1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 will control. These Terms and Conditions are applicable only to the specified cycle and/or Fiscal Year of the particular grant program specified.
Notice: These Procedures and Requirements are in draft form. Upon issuance of Grant Agreement, these Procedures and Requirements shall become final.
The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the Procedures and Requirements prior to issuance of the Grant Agreement. Any such changes will be non-negotiable. In the event that any changes are made to the Procedures and Requirements, all Grantees will be notified as to what specific changes have been made.
Once the Grant Agreement has been issued and the Procedures and Requirements have become final, the text of the incorporated Procedures and Requirements may not be altered, changed or revised in any way, except in writing by mutual agreement of the parties pursuant to the Amendment provision contained in the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any dispute regarding the content of the incorporated Procedures and Requirements, the original document contained in the grant cycle file located at the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, 1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 will control. These Procedures and Requirements are applicable only to the specific cycle and/or Fiscal Year of the particular grant program specified.
If you require assistance in obtaining access to these documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.