CalRecycle, in an effort to assist you in complying with the Comprehensive Trip Log (CTL) form and regulations, has developed several items to assist you in understanding, including a guidance manual, workshops, and online help.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Online list of questions and answers categorized by role (these are also part of the Guidance Manual).
- Comprehensive Trip Log Guidance Manual (English | Spanish): This manual provides specific direction to the roles and responsibilities of the regulated community in complying with the requirements of the waste tire manifest system. A printed copy may be requested by email at WasteTires@calrecycle.ca.gov.
- Field Reference Guide: This one-page (double-sided) laminated guide summarizes information from the Guidance Manual--providing instruction for waste tire haulers on completing CalRecycle's CTL form.
You may obtain training materials (guidance manuals, field reference guides, bookmarks) in English and Spanish by calling the toll-free waste tire hotline at (866) 896-0600, or by submitting a written request by mail. When ordering, please specify the quantity and whether the English or Spanish version is desired.
Waste Tire Hauler Registration Process
This video is a quick tutorial guide (English: YouTube (00:07:46) (Spanish: YouTube (00:10:51) on how to become a registered waste tire hauler in the state of California. It gives you step-by-step instructions to get through the registration process and resources to contact for more help and information. English Transcript | Spanish Transcript (2015) (PDF)
Comprehensive Trip Log (CTL) Form Tutorial
This video is a quick tutorial guide (English: YouTube (00:12:38) | (Spanish: YouTube (00:21:41) that will show you how to properly complete the CTL form as a registered waste tire hauler. Use the information in this video as your guide; it will help you stay in compliance and avoid costly fines for violating the law. English Transcript | Spanish Transcript (2015) (PDF)
Waste Tire Hauler Renewal ProcessThis video is a quick tutorial guide (English: YouTube (00:04:15) | (Spanish: YouTube (00:04:19) on how to complete the renewal of a waste tire hauler registration in the state of California. It gives you step-by-step instructions to get through the registration. English Transcript | Spanish Transcript (2020) (PDF)
- Contact CalRecycle
- CTL Form Overview and Ordering
- Search for a business TPID
- How to request a Tire Program ID
- Hauler Registration
- Public Resources Code Section 42961.5
LEA, TEA and Facility Operator Training: Information includes upcoming and previous trainings; training resources; online training; new staff orientation; and the LEA/TEA/CalRecycle Conference.
Free Tire Hauler Training Workshop
CalRecycle is offering a monthly training event in Español and English. Come and learn how to use CalRecycle's online Waste Tire Management System!
- Renew your annual waste tire hauler registration, and
- Submit required waste tire manifest data Online
Training Sign-Up Process
1. To RSVP and Sign-Up:
- Call us at 1 (866) 896-0600,
- Or Fax us at (916) 319-7605; or
- Or Email us at WasteTires@CalRecycle.ca.gov
2. Provide us with:
- Your name,
- Business name & address, and
- Telephone number, and
- Your Tire Program ID Number (or TPID#) if you are a registered hauler.