Per statute (Public Resources Code Sections 42985-42991), CalRecycle must post a list of manufacturers, renovators, and, as of January 1, 2020, distributors that are in compliance with these chapters.
The list posted below will be used by the Department to verify that mattresses sold in the state of California are compliant with Chapters 371 and 388 of the Public Resources Code.
Manufacturers, renovators, and distributors are required to register with the MRC. A sales ban is in place which prohibits a manufacturer, renovator, or distributor who is not registered with the MRC from selling mattresses in California or providing mattresses that will ultimately be sold to California end users.
Mattresses manufactured by the Prison Industry Authority and purchased by the state or its agencies are exempt from collecting and remitting the mattress recycling charge to the MRC. See the law for more information.
Manufacturer, Renovator, and Distributor Lists
Below are the current lists of mattress manufacturers, renovators, distributors, and brands that have registered with the MRC.
- List of Registered Manufacturers, May 4
- List of Registered Renovators, May 4
- List of Registered Distributors, May 4
- List of Registered Brands, May 4
Past/Archived Manufacturers, Renovators, Distributors, and Brands
- Mattress Product Management Home
- Enforcement Staff
- Mattress Stewardship Organization
- Mattress Advisory Committee
- Compliant Manufacturers, Renovators, Distributors, Brands, and URNs
- Stewardship Plans
- Stewardship Budgets
- Annual Reporting: Recyclers, Renovators, & Solid Waste Facilities
- Annual Reporting: Recycling Organization
- Recycling Baseline Goals