CalRecycle is required to appoint an advisory committee to provide recommendations to a carpet manufacturer or stewardship organization and to the department on carpet stewardship plans, plan amendments, and annual reports. In addition, the Speaker of the Assembly and the Senate Committee on Rules each appoint one member. For more information, refer to Public Resources Code section 42972.1.
CalRecycle requires that advisory committee members adhere to a Code of Conduct and disclose private or personal interests that may be affected by the carpet stewardship program.
Advisory committee documents are hosted outside of CalRecycle’s domain on Google Drive. CalRecycle does not maintain or control the contents of the host site or the linked documents.
Advisory Committee Members
- Douglas Williams, Los Angeles Fiber Co.
- Eric Nelson, Aquafil Carpet Recycling and Circonomey Innovations
- Franco Rossi, Aquafil USA
- Gail Brice, XT Green
- Howard Sapper, Carpet Manufacturers Warehouse
- Joanne Brasch, Ph.D., California Product Stewardship Council
- Joe Yarbrough, The Carpet and Rug Institute
- Nat Isaac, City of Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation
- Steve Belong, Carpet, Linoleum, & Soft Tile Workers Local Union No. 12, District Council 16
- Steve Landreth, ProSpectra Contract Flooring, Senate Rules Committee Appointee
- Suna Bayrakal, Ph.D., Product Stewardship Institute
- Vacant, Speaker of the Assembly Appointee
- Wes Nelson, GreenWaste Carpet Recycling
Advisory Committee Meetings
- November 27, 2018
- September 12, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- July 17, 2018
- June 20, 2018–Canceled
- March 27, 2018
- February 8, 2018
- February 7, 2018
- January 29, 2018
- January 23, 2018
- January 11, 2018
- January 05, 2018