September 11, 2008
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Joe Serna Jr. Building, Room 550
1001 I Street
Title 27 of the California Code of Regulations (27 CCR), Section 20925 prescribes standards for landfill gas (LFG) monitoring networks. Disposal site operators may request alternatives to the prescriptive standards if the operator can demonstrate sufficient technical justification that the alternatives are protective of public health and safety and the environment. There have been numerous questions from landfill operators and local enforcement agencies (LEA) on technical issues related to the implementation of these regulations for active landfills.
- Increase your familiarity with the regulatory criteria for consideration of LFG monitoring exemptions/alternatives.
- Deepen understanding of what should be included in a plan or an exemption/alternative submittal and how the submittal should be organized for ease of review.
- Develop understanding of how CIWMB staff will approach the review of plans and exemption/alternative submittals.
- Provide a forum for discussion regarding specific questions.
- Become aware of other related CIWMB LFG activities.
Who Should Participate
- Public and private landfill operator technical staff.
- Consulting engineers and geologists who are preparing the plans.
10:00-10:15 a.m.: Introductions and Webinar Objectives
10:15-10:30 a.m.: Overview of LFG Regulations and Additional CIWMB Guidance
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- LFG Probe Best Management Practices
- Proposed Implementation Deadline Regulatory Relief
10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Presentation of LFG monitoring program plan review approach
12:00-1:00 p.m.: Lunch Break
1:00-2:45 p.m.: Questions and Answers
2:45-3:00 p.m.: Wrap-up
For more information contact: LEA Support Services, PermitTrainingAssistance@calrecycle.ca.gov