Resources for state agency solid waste and recycling programs.
- Model Edible Food Recovery Agreement. A model agreement that can be used between state agencies and food recovery organizations or services. Overview and training on the tool can be found in either the PowerPoint presentation or recording of the webinar.
- Correctional Facilities. This webpage provides an overview to help correctional facility decision makers develop an effective waste management and recycling program.
- Health Care Industry. This webpage provides resources to help the health care industry ensure waste materials are reduced, reused, recycled, or disposed of properly.
- Contracts for Recycling Services in Office Buildings. General information and options to consider when forming recycling collection services contracts.
- Office Paper Reduction. Paper is the largest component of California’s commercial waste stream. This webpage provides resources for reducing paper use in the workplace.
- Office Waste Reduction Posters and Stickers. This web page provides free electronic versions of colorful posters and stickers to help coordinate and promote waste reduction efforts.
- Recycling Posters. Free Beverage Container Recycling Program posters and stickers for the classroom, workplace, and other facilities.
- Organics recycling resources that include signage and brochures to assist state agencies with complying with AB 2812
- Information for Waste Reduction and Recycling Coordinators. This webpage provides resources for local government and business recycling coordinators.
- Waste Reduction at the Office. This page presents an outline of how waste-conscious businesses manage their offices.
- School Waste Reduction. This page includes guidance for school districts and local government recycling coordinators who are developing districtwide waste reduction programs.
- College and University Recycling Coalition. This page provides information and exchange of technical knowledge and best practices on recycling and waste reduction programs among institutions of higher learning.
Historical Resources for State Agencies
- Waste Reduction Policies & Procedures. Guidance for State agencies on how to implement programs to reduce, reuse, recycle, and buy recycled.
- Waste Management and Buy Recycled Case Studies. State agencies and facilities, with their internal programs and policies, play a significant role in helping California in its continued commitment to reduce the amount of solid waste entering landfills and meet its waste diversion goals. To close the loop, state agencies and facilities are also required to purchase recycled-content products (RCP).
- Integrated Waste Management Plans. Information on the implementation of AB 75 (Strom Martin, Chapter 764, Statutes of 1999).
For more information contact: Recycling Coordinator, SARC@calrecycle.ca.gov, or Buy Recycled Campaign, SABRC@calrecycle.ca.gov.