CalRecycle Programs and Services
- Developing Skills to Conduct Waste Assessments for Businesses–From the CalRecycle Business Waste Reduction Web.
- Waste Analysis at Large Special Event Facilities–Although this Web page is tailored to special event facilities, the techniques discussed are applicable to other businesses.
- Goal Measurement: 2007 and Later–Information on per capita disposal and goal measurement system.
- Conversion Factor Sources (Appendix I of the Diversion Study Guide)–Potential sources of conversion factors (prior to 2007).
- Free Waste and Energy Audits for qualified manufacturers sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy—Contact the Industrial Assessment Centers of San Francisco State University.
- Tools–US EPA has developed two tools to assist individuals and organizations in determining the greenhouse (GHG) impact of their purchasing, manufacturing, and waste management actions.
- Recycled Content (ReCon) Tool–The ReCon Tool was developed to assist companies and individuals in estimating the life-cycle GHG and energy impacts of purchasing or manufacturing certain materials. ReCon is available for free download in Microsoft Excel.
- Waste Reduction Model (WARM)–WARM was developed to assist solid waste managers in determining the GHG impacts of their waste management practices. WARM is available both as a Web-based calculator and as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.