Reduce, Reuse, Repair!
- Reducing Waste at Home. This page provides a primer for waste reduction at home. These are just the easiest things that you can do.
- Do-It-Yourself Oil Changers. Do you change your car’s motor oil? State-certified used oil collection centers will take your used motor oil and render the recycling incentive upon request.
- Check Your Number: How Often Should You Change Motor Oil? Check the recommended oil change interval in your owner’s manual.
- Take Care of Your Tires. Each of us can do something to help avert potential problems caused by more than 40 million worn or damaged tires replaced each year in California. In addition, you’ll save money and be safer on the road.
- Remodel, Renovate, and Upgrade Green. If you plan on undertaking a building project on your home soon, here are some suggestions to help you get started.
- Zero Waste. Zero waste is a process and a philosophy that involves redesigning products and consumption so that all material goods can be reused or recycled—or not needed.