Join California's Solution to Plastic and Trash Pollution
Building a New Team to Cut Plastic and Packaging Pollution
California is leading the nation in cutting single-use plastic and packaging pollution.
Join CalRecycle’s work to:
- Craft rules directing the plastic industry to cut waste and design for reuse
- Cut over 20 million tons of plastic waste in the next 10 years
- Build a renewable, circular economy with less plastic trash and more recycling
Make History and Save the Planet, PLUS:
- Hybrid Work-from-Home Flexibility
- Generous Family Medical Benefits
- Starting 2-Week Vacation and 11 Annual Paid Holidays
- Managers Dedicated to Mentorship and Professional Development
California Has a Packaging Problem
Packaging waste makes up 25% of what Californians dump in landfills.
Nearly every product delivered to consumers arrives in excessive packaging, including:
- Food packaging
- Personal care items
- Shipping materials
Consumers rarely have choices with less packaging, and most is not recyclable or compostable. We can’t recycle our way out of it until we cut extra packaging and design the rest to be recycled or reused.
SB 54 requires that by 2032:
- 100% of packaging be recyclable or compostable
- 25% less plastic packaging
- 65% of all single-use plastic packaging actually be recycled