Welcome to CalRecycle’s recycled content construction products catalog! This site is intended to help specification writers, architects and planners design with durable, energy efficient and lasting products for environmentally sustainable construction projects.
If you’re in need of products to meet CALGreen, the US Green Building Council’s LEED requirements, or just want to help “close the loop”, this site can be a resource to your project. It is organized in alphabetical order by category of building materials with quick contact information so you may easily contact the company that carries products of interest.
This list of products/materials also includes the CALGreen recycled content minimum, where applicable, in parentheses.
For more information about CALGreen’s construction waste management requirements, visit CalRecycle’s C&D Guide FAQ page.
- Aggregate Base (80 percent postconsumer content)
- Asphalt and Concrete
- Carpet products
- Ceilings, Doors, Wall Coverings
- Drywall (4 percent postconsumer content)
- Erosion Control and Retention Products
- Flooring, Surfaces and Walkways
- Glass, Tile and Brick
- Insulation, Fiberglass (30 percent postconsumer content) and Cellulose (75 percent postconsumer content)
- Landscape and Lumber
- Paint (≥50 percent postconsumer content)
- Parking Stops
- Pipefittings (Plastic and Metal)
- Reuse from Deconstruction
- Tire-Derived Products and Buyer Case Studies
Aggregate Base (80 percent postconsumer content)
- Central Valley Trucking/Concrete makes recycled aggregate base. Facility in Merced, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 723-8846
- Teichert has recycled aggregate base locations throughout California. Contact: http://www.teichert.com/locations/ or (916) 484-3011
Asphalt and Concrete
- CalPortland makes recycled content concrete. Facilities throughout California. Contact: email@example.com or (626) 852-6200
- City Mix makes lightweight, durable and user-friendly material suitable for blending in a wide variety of concrete, stucco and masonry products. Facility in Dixon, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 445-5890 or (206) 619-3971
- Diablo Valley Rock/Carone and Company recycled content product includes concrete, asphalt & brick. Facility in Martinez, California. Contact: email@example.com or (925) 228-1118
- Granite has recycled material plants located throughout California. Contact: https://graniteconstruction.com/locations?map-prefilters=material or (831) 724-1011
- K & D Enterprises, Inc/Unke, Inc. recycles broken concrete, asphalt, brick, rock, ceramic & clay tile, etc. into Class 2 road base and also sells product. Facilities in Ceres and Oakdale, California. Contact: KD-INC@hotmail.com or (209) 538-8492
- RoadSoup is an asphalt repair product comprised of 97.5% of Recycled Asphalt Product (RAP). RAP is made from road grindings and millings from local streets. Facility in Escondido, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 360-0555.
- San Diego Asphalt Recycling Center, Inc. takes asphalt and concrete products and makes them into a CalTrans approved, workable and compactible road base material. Facility in Lakeside, California. Contact: (619) 390-7323 or email@example.com
- Reliance Eco-Cushion is manufactured from 100% recycled content and it’s 100% recyclable, with no chemical additives. Facility in Vernon, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 522-5252 .
Ceilings, Doors, and Wall Coverings
- 3B Protection offers a range of ballistic/blast-forced and entry seismic products including hazard doors, panels, and blocks. All manufactured using over 51% recycled materials within multiple facilities located throughout California. Contact: email@example.com or (949) 316-7561
- Ceilume uses up to 100 percent thermoformed materials in its ceiling panels and tiles and its new wall panels. The company recycles all of its scrap and takes back scrap from customers, creating a closed-loop life-cycle. Facility in Graton, California. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Retail Consumers: (800) 492-5605 or Professionals: (877) 492-5605.
Drywall (4 percent postconsumer content)
- CertainTeed makes recycled content gypsum drywall. Facility in Napa, California. Contact: (800) 423-3127
Erosion Control and Retention Products
- Filtrexx Sustainable Technologies makes compost filter and grow socks containing recycled organics. Facilities in Gilroy and San Diego, California. See the Total Cost of Ownership and the Camp Fire Remediation Project. Contact: email@example.com or (760) 429-4041
- Millennium Molding makes recycled tire content erosion control blocks, landscape borders, temporary retaining walls, and supports for rooftop pipe, electrical conduit and vents. Facility in Fontana, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 509-9393
Flooring, Surfaces and Walkways
- Arqlite 100% of the material used for Arqlite Mart Gravel™ is made from discarded plastics. Arqlite Smart Gravel™ can replace mineral gravel and coarse aggregates in a variety of ways. It is 3x lighter than mineral gravel, 10x better for thermal and acoustic insulation and long lasting. Facility in Santa Ana, California. Contact: (707) 681-5018 or email@example.com
- Environmental Molding Concepts (EMC is the TDP Manufacturing and marketing arm of BAS) uses waste tires in surfaces, turf, asphalt, and mulch. Facility in Moreno Valley, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 214-6590.
- Environmental Molding Concepts uses waste tires for outdoor surfacing. See DeckTOP in TDPs catalog. Facility located in Moreno Valley, California. Contact: email@example.com or (888) 836-2665
- Flexi Process 2020 makes Flexi-Pave recycled tire content accessibility and walkway surfaces. Facility in Fresno, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 723-3300
- PlayMax Surfacing, Inc. manufactures and installs playground safety surfaces, tiles, walk paths, water play surfaces, and recreational surfacing. Facility in Corona, California. (SBE #1796271) Contact: email@example.com or (951) 250-6039
- Reliance Carpet Eco-cushion is 100% recycled content with no chemical additives so it meets stringent indoor air quality standards. Facility in Vernon, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 522-5252
- U.S. Rubber Recycling manufactures premium sports flooring, acoustical underlayment and vegetation control matting. For these product categories, U.S. Rubber diverted nearly 6.5M pounds of discarded tires away from California landfills in 2018. Facility located in Colton, California. (SBE #1369600) Contact: email@example.com or (909) 825-1200 ext 108.
- United Sports Surfacing of America provides recycled tire content tree wells, mulch, porous walkways, playground, and sports surfaces. Facility in Irvine, California. (SBE #21285) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 551-4696
- SafePath Products makes accessibility and walkway products from molded waste tires and recycled calcium carbonate (CaCO3) from carpet backing. Product details in the TDPs catalog. Facility in Chico, California. Contact: email@example.com or (530) 893-1569
Glass, Tile and Brick
- UltraGlas uses recycled glass in various applications. Facility in Chatsworth, California. Contact: (818) 772-7744
- Fireclay makes recycled content tile, glass and brick. Facility in San Francisco, California. Contact: (800) 773-2226
Insulation, Fiberglass (30 percent postconsumer content) and Cellulose (75 percent postconsumer content)
- UltraTouch Denim Insulation is a thermal/acoustic insulation product with an 80% post-consumer recycled content; applicable for both sound control and thermal insulating projects. Product includes both recycled denim fibers and recycled carpet fibers from California sources. Headquarters in Chandler, Arizona. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 812-9114
- CertainTeed makes recycled content fiber glass insulation. Facility in Chowchilla, California. Contact: (559) 665-4831
Landscape and Lumber
- Billy Wright Landfill makes wood chips/shreds from non-treated wood waste such as tree pruning and pallets. Facility outside of Los Banos, California. Contact: email@example.com or (209) 723-4481
- Cross Roads Lumber sells recycled lumber for various applications. Facility in North Fork, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 842-3201
- Epic Plastics makes 100 percent recycled polyethylene landscape edging products. Facility in Lodi, California. Contact: Cindy.Rhed@paccoast.com or (209) 333-6161
- Heritage Salvage fabricates custom furniture from vintage woods. Facility in Petaluma, California Contact: email@example.com or (707) 762-6277
- Highway 59 Landfill makes wood chips/shreds from non-treated wood waste such as tree pruning and pallets. Facility outside of Merced, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 723-4481
- Lawn Miracle™ is a waterborne eco-friendly grass paint. It contains no dye or hazardous heavy materials. Lawn Miracle™ won’t wash away with water or rain. Facility located in Sacramento, California. Contact: email@example.com or (916) 564-9121 (Sacramento)
- NorthCal Wood Products sells reclaimed domestic and tropical woods, in addition to certified FSC® Recycled wood products. Facility in Ukiah, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 462-0686
- Sierra Mat and Rubber Company makes recycled tire mulch, pavers and weed control products. Facility in Modesto, California. Contact: email@example.com or (209) 824-0341
- Stone Miracle is a decorative landscape aggregate and lightweight filler for many precast items (see PARKING STOPS). Post-consumer content includes both latex paint and carpet fibers. The lightweight aggregate offers long-lasting elegance for multiple landscaping needs and allows for better drainage while holding in moisture and controlling soil temperature. Facility located in Oroville, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 413-6361.
- Flexi Process 2020Facility in Fresno, California. Contact: email@example.com or (727) 723-3300
- Tri-C Manufacturing, Inc. Facility in West Sacramento, CA. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 371-8090
- U. S. Polymers, Inc. makes outdoor vinyl fencing, patio covers, decking products and more from 100% recycled poly vinyl. Facility in Montebello, CA. Contact: (323) 728-3023 or CustomerService@Duramaxbp.com
- United Sustainable Surfacing of America, Inc. Facility in Irvine, CA. Contact: email@example.com or (727) 723-551-4696
- West Coast Rubber Recycling, Inc. Facility in Hollister, CA. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 634-2800
Additional Landscaping Resources
Blending Compost into on-site Topsoil: Cost-saving Guidance
- Multi-Family Units/Apartment Guide To Compost Use (PDF download)
- Sustainable Soil Management on Construction Sites (PDF download)
Paint (≥ 50 percent postconsumer content)
- Acrylatex Coatings and Recycling makes Life Cycle interior/exterior recycled latex paint and Tag-Out graffiti abatement paint. Facility in Azusa, California. Contact: (888) 824-6880 or (626) 812-0191
- Amazon Environmental makes Amazon Select recycled latex paint. Facilities in Fridley, Minnesota, Pryor, Oklahoma, Sacramento, California, and Riverside, California. Contact: email@example.com or (916) 922-0206 (Sacramento) or (951) 588-0206 (Riverside).
- Dunn-Edwards sells Recover interior/exterior recycled latex paint that conforms to Green-Seal GS-43 standard and is manufactured by Amazon Environmental for Dunn-Edwards. Facility in Los Angeles, California. Contact: (888) 337-2468
- Visions Quality Coatings offers the largest line of remanufactured latex paint products available in 17 stock colors, and custom colors, in 3 sheens. Products include: Interior/Exterior Paint, High Performance Primer, Direct to Metal, Safe-Gard Elastomeric Roof Coating, Durable Stain and Scented Accents paint. Facility located in Sacramento, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 564-9121 (Sacramento)
PaintCare lists locations that offer recycled paint (PDF download).
- Sierra Mat and Rubber Company. makes durable recycled tire stops that last longer than concrete stops and are easy to install. Facility in Modesto, California. Contact: email@example.com or (209) 824-0341
- Stone Miracle parking stops are 15% lighter and are made with post-consumer latex paint and carpet fibers. Available in multiple lengths. Facility located in Oroville, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 413-6361.
- West Coast Rubber Recycling, Inc. makes durable and easy to install 3′ or 6′ parking stops that can absorb and redistribute impact. Facility in Hollister, California. Contact: email@example.com or (831) 634-2800
Pipefittings (Plastic and Metal)
- ADS makes “MEGA GREEN” HDPE pipe offering a minimum recycled content of 40 percent. Facilities in Alviso, Bakersfield, Benicia, Madera, and Parris, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 424-8275
- Advanced Drainage Systems takes HDPE plastic and makes unsupported plastic tubing that can be used for water infrastructure. Facility in Madera, California. Contact: (559) 674-4989, Jordan.Ollanik@ADS-Pipe.com
- Mission Rubber Company manufactures rubber products used in sewer, drain waste and vent applications. Recycled tire is used in the production of its flexible pipe couplings. Facility in Corona, California. Contact: email@example.com or (951) 479-4942.
Reuse from Deconstruction
- Demo 2 Design Building Materials sells high quality reused and vintage materials that add character to your building, including doors, windows, sinks, lighting fixtures, lumber, railing, hardware, and vintage décor, providing customized functional structures and designs using these materials. Facility in Santa Barbara, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 886-6865
- Greenlynx sells deconstruction reuse items such as reclaimed building materials, decor, furnishings, and appliances. Facilities in Northern California. Contact: email@example.com or (415) 890-5880
- Recycled Movie Sets offers doors, frames, glass, mirrors, staircases, columns, jail bars, lumber, faux brick and stone sheets. Facility in Los Angeles, California. Contact: (323) 497-9557
- Urban Ore Building Materials reuses and sells a wide array of deconstruction and dealer inventory materials including doors, windows, toilets, tubs, sinks, cabinets, lighting, and all types of hardware. Thirty-eight employees to efficiently serve customers. Facility in Berkeley, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 841-7283 or (510) 914-0074
- More Reuse Building Material Sources
- CertainTeed makes recycled content roofing shingles. Located throughout the U.S. and Canada. Contact: (510) 490-0890
- Deccofelt Corporation makes self-adhering rubber asphalt compound waterproofing membrane called Green Moisture Barrier. Facility in Glendora, California. Contact: email@example.com or (626) 963-8511
- Malarkey Roofing Products manufactures roofing shingles with upcycled material from rubber and plastics in South Gate, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 240-7850
- MBTechnology makes a recycled tire content torch-applied roofing membrane called Ecotorch. Facility in Fresno, California. Contact: email@example.com or (559) 233-2181, ext. 19
- Visions Quality Coatings offers Safe-GardTM 4200 Elastomeric Roof Coating. A premium acrylic latex roof coating with extreme stretch. Seals cracks, resists against peeling and can reduce interior temperatures. Facility located in Sacramento, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 564-9121 (Sacramento)
- Bent Manufacturing Company BDAA Inc. makes recycled tire delineator post bases using a precision molding process. Facility in Huntington Beach, CA. Contact: (714) 842-0600 or http://bentmfg.com/contact/.
- Three-D Plastics, Inc. makes 100 percent post-consumer recycled tire bases and more. Facility in Burbank, California. (SBE #35120) Contact: email@example.com or (877) 843-9757
- TrafFix Devices, Inc. makes a tire ring base and rubber base from 100% post-consumer rubber. Facility in San Clemente, CA. Contact: Brent Kulp firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-361-5663.
Tire-Derived Products and Buyer Case Studies
- California Manufactured Tire-Derived Products: Contains indoor and outdoor surfaces, insulating compounds, parking stops, roofing, and sealants.
- Case Studies