- Blue Book of Building and Construction. National publisher of regional directories for the building and construction trades and professions.
- Construction Materials Recycling Association (CMRA). CMRA is the trade association devoted exclusively to the needs of the North American construction waste and demolition debris processing and recycling industry.
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, Managing Construction & Demolition Wastes. This website provides project planning tools, sample documents, and case studies highlighting techniques for saving money and protecting the environment through reuse and recycling of construction and demolition debris.
- Whole Building Design Guide (WBDG). According to the site, “the WBDG is a web-based portal providing government and industry practitioners with one-stop access to up-to-date information on a wide range of building-related guidance, criteria, and technology from a ‘whole buildings’ perspective.”
- Whole House Building Supply & Salvage. This deconstruction and salvaging company sells quality building materials that have been donated or salvaged from homes and businesses. They also conduct house salvage sales at homes that are slated for demolition. There is also information on what items are salvageable and procedures for removal.
CalRecycle’s Programs & Resources
- Construction and Demolition Case Studies and Publications. Publications that provide information on alternatives to disposal that can save you money in avoided disposal fees and potentially generate income from the sales of salvageable materials can be found on this site.
- Share Your Success And Learn From Others. Learn from others and share your ‘waste prevention’ success by contributing to CalRecycle’s Waste Prevention Information Exchange.
- Zone-Related Assistance. Local business incentives may be found in the Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) Program.
- Archive: Grants to Local Governments for Deconstruction Projects, FY 1999-2000
Note: You may also want to visit the CalRecycle Sustainable/Green Building links page.