May 9, 2000–Northern California
KVIE Channel 6 Studios, Community Room
May 22, 2000–Southern California
Sportsman’s Lodge Hotel
Morning Session (9:00 a.m.-Noon)
Panel of Experts: Catch Current Green Product Issues
Beginners get a solid grounding on how to build with green products. Experienced practitioners will get up to date on green building advances. Taught by the leading architects and professionals in the green building field. Special welcome by industry and government leaders. Learning materials approved for continuing education by the AIA/CES will be distributed and explained.
Manufacturers, designers and builders are advancing the use of recycled and recycled content products. Find out about:
- New buildings products, such as strawboard and certified wood: do they work?
- Client education: Certification and other tools to inform clients of product “green” value.
- Cutting edge: Innovative products and concepts such as life-cycle leasing provide the next wave of green building products.
Afternoon Workshops (1:00pm – 3:00pm)
Special Topic Workshops: Put Green Products in Your Practice
Public and private clients are demanding green features in the homes and buildings. Workshop presenters will discuss:
- Code enforcement issues: When building inspectors see green products.
- Costing green: The latest tools for assessing product life-cycle costs.
- Installation challenges: Assuring green product success with proper installation and maintenance.
Small group discussions will promote working understanding of green building product use, led by knowledgeable facilitators. Among the topics:
- Learning from mistakes. A roundtable sharing of the best and worst experiences by practitioners. Participants will share their experiences with green building products and their installation for the edification of breakout group.
- Costing green building products. New environmental cost tools assess what’s green. Feedback and dialogue will produce tips on how these issues can be used by the building professional and conveyed to the client.
- Green team building:, Interactive exchange among code enforcement officials, architects and builders. Each play a role in green building products use. But sometimes one doesn’t know what the other is doing, or why.
Experts and Guests
- Dan Eaton, Chair, CalRecycle
- Lynn Foeschle, AIA CSI
- Larry Strain and Henry Siegel, Siegel and Strain Architects
- Barbara Lippiatt, National Institute of Standards and Technology, BEES developer
- Kelly Ingalls, KMI Associates, Construction Materials Recycling Association
- Lynn Simon, AIA
Consider staying another day in Sacramento for the May 10 Recycled Products Trade Show at the Sacramento Convention Center!
Presented free by CalRecycle
Cosponsored or endorsed by the Construction Materials Recycling Association of Southern California and the Los Angeles Chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute.
Certified for American Institute of Architects, Continuing Education System credits.