Information, resources, and examples for the SABRC category, tires products.
- Must use an existing casing that has undergone retreading or recapping process in accordance with (PRC section 42400) and (PCC section 12209).
- At least 50 percent of the total dollars spent within this category must be used to procure retreaded tires to meet the 50 percent postconsumer content requirement.
- For statutes specifically pertaining to tires, refer to the tire products section on the Statutes Pertaining to the State Agency Buy Recycled Campaign web page.
- Please see the SABRC section on the State Agency’s Laws and Regulation webpage for SABRC legislation.
Example Tire Product Categories
Examples of tire products include, but are not limited to:
- Truck tires
- Bus vehicle tires
- Fleet vehicle tires
- Passenger car tires (where available)
California Retread Tire Manufacturers*
- Y Tire Sales
2969 W Valley Boulevard
Alhambra, California 91803
* Identification of individuals, companies, and products on this list does not constitute endorsement by CalRecycle. CalRecycle distributes/publishes this information to increase public awareness and to build markets for recycled products made from organic materials collected in California jurisdictions. This list is not comprehensive.
Resources and Guidelines
- Retreads Website: Provides information about retreaded tires and addresses misconceptions about them. Lists helpful links to locate local retread tire suppliers; provides information about and for retreaders, suppliers and tire-repair industries; and includes government studies on retreaded tires explaining the safety, performance, and manufacturing of retreaded tires.
- DGS’s Buying Green Guide for Tires: The DGS Buying Green Guide lists green contracts, specification standards, buying tips, and resources. Tires are listed under “Transportation – Parts and Equipment” within the guide.
Other Reportable SABRC product categories: