The Buy Recycled program promotes the State’s policy to “buy green.” CalRecycle has also made clear its desire that recipients of State grant funds should be practicing what CalRecycle preaches. To assist potential grant applicants, as well as any local government or business that wishes to establish a written procurement policy, the Buy Recycled program will be compiling actual and proposed policies as a resource.
If your community, business, or agency has a policy it would like to share, please let us know.
Sample Procurement Policies
- In-House Waste Reduction and Recycled-Content Product Procurement Policy. Adopted by the California Integrated Waste Management Board (now CalRecycle), 1999.
- Environmentally Preferable Procurement Policy. City of San Jose, Council Policy
- Environmental Purchasing Policy. Public Works Agency, County of Sacramento.
- Green Procurement and Sustainable Practices Policy. County of Nevada.
- Model Green Procurement Specifications and Purchasing Guidelines. Northeast Recycling Council (NERC), 2015.
- Model Recycled Product Procurement Policy for Environmentally Preferable Products. King County (Washington) Environmental Purchasing Program.
- Ordinances and Policies for Waste Reduction at Venue Facilities and Large Events
- Sustainability Policy. California Department of Water Resources.