It's Earth Day's Birthday! How Can You Save the Planet from Home?
While we stay home to save lives, protecting the environment is still an important part of remaining healthy. With Earth Day just three weeks away, CalRecycle launches our online Earth Month Extravaganza today in collaboration with the rest of CalEPA!
- Look for games, at-home conservation tips, and an eco-scavenger hunt from CalEPA and its office, boards, and departments throughout April.
- Join CalEPA Secretary Jared Blumenfeld for virtual coffee breaks throughout the month with special guests who will share exciting, innovative ideas and projects.
- Inspire California with your secrets to help the environment.
Use #HowISavethePlanet to share how you and your family protect our environment every day.
Use #WhyISavethePlanet to show California what inspires you to protect the Earth – including your children and favorite places in nature.
- Like and share your colleagues’ posts – and CalEPA will do the same.
- On April 22, tune into the CalEPA’s Earth Day online event for fun, informative, and inspiring moments.
- Invite your kids, friends, and community organizations to participate!
- Don’t forget to use #CalEPAEarthDay50 on all of your posts!
These last weeks have shown that we can all work together remotely to protect our health. Let’s harness this unity to make the whole planet healthier.
Share your thoughts and insights with us on your favorite social media platforms through the following links: