CalRecycle's Project Medley
At CalRecycle, we’re constantly working every aspect of “reduce, reuse, recycle” to protect human health and the environment. Tomorrow’s monthly public meeting offers a glimpse at the wide variety of work we do. Here are a few items on the agenda:
- Review and consider PaintCare’s most recent annual report. PaintCare is responsible for establishing convenient paint collection sites throughout California to increase the recycling of leftover paint.
- Announce a Jan. 30 workshop to hear feedback on draft concepts for implementing the state’s new Pharmaceutical and Sharps Waste Stewardship Program. For more information on this topic, see our Sharps Waste Disposal webpage.
- Present updates, including enforcement activities, on our Beverage Container Recycling Program.
- Consider a $2 million greenhouse gas reduction loan for Peninsula Plastics Recycling, Inc. to process low-grade plastics the state previously exported to China, which is no longer accepting such material.
- Discuss ways to help local jurisdictions implement SB 1383, which requires them to develop organics recycling programs and recover edible food for human consumption.
Here’s the lowdown:
CalRecycle January 2019 Public Meeting
10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15
Byron Sher Auditorium, CalEPA Building
1001 I St., Sacramento, CA