The application period for fiscal year (FY) 2014-15 is now closed.
The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for local governments/other eligible jurisdictions to receive payments for used oil and used oil filter collection/recycling programs.
Eligible applicants are limited to local governments, which are defined in statute as "any chartered or general law city, chartered or general law county, or any city and county." CalRecycle may make a payment to another entity that will implement the program of a local government (in lieu of making a payment to that local government) with the agreement of that local government.
To be eligible to apply for a payment under this program, applicants must:
- Have either one certified collection center per 100,000 residents and/or a curbside collection program that includes used oil/used oil filter collection at least monthly.
- Have a public education component [in their program] that informs the public of locally available used oil/used oil filter collection/recycling opportunities.
- Accept the terms set out in the OPP Cycle 5 Guidelines and be in compliance with the program provisions described in PRC § 48690 et seq., notably PRC §§ 48674, 48690, and 48691.
A maximum amount of $11 million will be available, subject to an approved State budget and funding availability as determined by CalRecycle.
Per Capita Funding
- Payments are calculated per capita using the Department of Finance's population statistics.
- Small jurisdictions will be provided a minimum award of $5,000 for cities and $10,000 for counties.
- Jurisdictions may also apply regionally and pool their funds.
|Dates||Activity and Details|
|May 27, 2014||Online Application Open Date and Application Access:
Applications will be available on this date thru June 26, 2014 - customer service will be provided during the application period and until 4:00 p.m. on the deadline date. For assistance, email email@example.com or call Danielle Abila.
First time users of the Local Government Oil Payment Program (LoGOPP) system must:
Returning users can immediately login into LoGOPP.
If you have questions, please contact your Program Advisor (formerly referred to as your Grant Manager).
|June 26, 2014||Online Application Deadline:|
|July 31, 2014||Documents Deadline (if the resolution is not submitted at the time of submission of the online application): The approved/final resolution must be uploaded to the LoGOPP application system by this date. The requirement for a resolution is detailed in the OPP Cycle 5 Guidelines and example resolution language is available.|
|April 2015||Payments Awarded: Payment amounts will be determined as soon as possible after the secondary deadline date. A single payment will be made in April 2015, unless an October 2014 payment is requested by the applicant and subsequently approved by CalRecycle. Payment dates may be subject to change. Funding subject to State budget approval.|
|July 1, 2014 -June 30, 2016||Term: The term is 24 months. Funding will be available for expenditure for the new cycle on July 1, 2014, and be available for expenditure through June 30, 2016. Refer to the OPP Cycle 5 Guidelines for further information and any exceptions.|
|August 17, 2015 & August 15, 2016||Deadline for: Submission of online Annual Report (due no later than August 15th of each year during performance period, unless a due date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the online report must be submitted by the following Monday).|