The Fiscal Year (FY) 2010/11 OPP application period is now closed.
The Used Oil Payment Program (OPP) home page contains other detailed information about this program. This page provides information needed to apply for the OPP Cycle 1, fiscal year (FY) 2010/2011 payment cycle.
- Notice of Funds Available
- Oil Payment Program Online (OPPO) Application Access
- Used Oil Payment Program Guidelines
- Resolutions and Other Authorizing Documentation
Oil Payment Program Online (OPPO) Application Access
The instructions below are provided for information purposes only. The application deadline for this cycle was June 30, 2010.
The OPPO system will operate similar to the online Block Grant Reporting (BGR) system in several ways:
- First-time users must obtain a CalRecycle WebPass. Note: Those who previously obtained a WebPass for a CalRecycle system (i.e., Local Government Information Center (LoGIC), E-Waste, BGR, etc.) do not need to obtain a new WebPass.
- Requires first-time users to also request "access" to the system by sending an e-mail to GrantAssistance@calrecycle.ca.gov after obtaining their WebPass. (Note: Those who previously obtained access to the BGR system, automatically have access to this online application process.)
- The OPPO system has been developed with the use of subject "tabs" in the online document.
- The new OPPO application process involves online development and submission of the application. Upon completion of the application, applicants must print out the summary page of the application for signature by the Signature Authority (as identified in applicant’s Resolution/Letter of Commitment). A copy of the signed summary page is to be uploaded to the application system (by the applicant) and the document with original signature is to be retained in the applicant’s cycle file. Specific instructions are provided when you actually begin the application process.
The information on this web page specifies steps for applicants to begin the application process:
Existing grantees/BGR users with current access to the BGR system automatically have access to the new OPPO system and can proceed to Step "A." below. (Note: The OPPO system is targeted for availability the first week of June 2010.)
New applicants or prior/current grantees who are new system users will need to obtain required login information/processes that may require a little more time than those local governments/jurisdictions already participating in the BGR system. Please follow the steps presented in "B" below to obtain a WebPass and access to the secure online application system:
To begin the OPPO application process:
A. My organization is a current grantee and I have access to the BGR system.
B. If your organization is a new applicant (not currently a Used Oil Block Grant grantee or OPP recipient) or does not have access to the BGR system, you need to complete Steps 1 and 2 below:
Step 1: Access to OPPO is secured, so you will first need to create a WebPass account. WebPass accounts are created for individuals, not organizations, and will be tied to your specific email address. If you change your email address or it becomes inactive, you will need to create a new WebPass account to continue accessing OPPO. Please make certain all individuals obtain their own password and do not share passwords within your organization. Users with WebPass accounts will be able to receive important email updates. Once you are at the WebPass page, select the "Create Account" link and follow the directions. An e-mail will be sent to you stating that account activation is pending. (Note: The process for obtaining this WebPass is time-sensitive and needs to be followed as directed by e-mails to the requestor or the process will have to be restarted.) Follow the directions in the e-mail from the CalRecycle WebPass Account Manager to request account activation. You will receive a second e-mail when your WebPass account is activated. After receiving this second notice, go to Step 2 below.
Step 2: After you receive notice that your WebPass is activated, you will need to request access to the secure OPPO system address in order to use this online system. Requests for access to this system can be obtained by sending an e-mail to: GrantAssistance@calrecycle.ca.gov requesting access to the OPPO system. After you submit the request for access, you will be sent an e-mail letting you know when you have been granted access and providing you the secure Web site for entry into the online application process.
If you have questions, please contact your Program Advisor (formerly referred to as your Grant Manager).
Documents provided in the timeline are specific to this cycle and should not be used for subsequent grant cycles.
|Dates||Activity and Details|
|June 30, 2010||Online Application Deadline:
|July 30, 2010||Documents Deadline (if the resolution is not submitted at the time of submission of the online application): The approved/final resolution must be uploaded to the OPPO application system by this date. The requirement for a resolution is detailed in the OPP Guidelines and example resolution language is available. If you are unable to make this deadline, please contact CalRecycle staff at GrantAssistance@calrecycle.ca.gov.|
|April 2011||Payments Awarded: Payment amounts will be determined as soon as possible after the secondary deadline date. A single payment will be made in April 2011, unless an October payment is requested by the applicant and subsequently approved by CalRecycle. Payment dates may be subject to change. Funding subject to State budget approval.|
|July 1, 2010-June 30, 2012||Term: Refer to OPP Guidelines for specifics.|
|August 15, 2010||Deadline for: Submission of online Annual Report (due no later than August 15th of each year during performance period).|
Resolutions and Other Authorizing Documentation
Language has been developed as examples for use by applicants and regional participants who are required to submit a resolution or other documentation authorizing, among other things, authority to submit the payment application. The examples identify required information and provide example language. Please consult with your attorney before using the example language.