The topics below provide an overview about the purpose for CEQA, what authorities are granted to public agencies in complying with CEQA, and reviews the important concept of CEQA project descriptions.
Purpose of CEQA
Authorities Granted to Public Agencies
- Authority Provided by CEQA
- Public Agencies’ Duty to Minimize Environmental Damage
- What is a Lead Agency?
- Criteria for Identifying the Lead Agency
- What is a Responsible Agency and What are they Responsible For?
- What is a Trustee Agency?
- [Local] Enforcement Agency as Responsible Agency