Below are useful websites related to C&D diversion.
Construction and Demolition (C&D) | Jurisdictions | Green Building | Other Websites
The following websites refer to specific C&D information such as definitions, databases, and ordinances.
- C&D recycling. Information provided includes
- Publications (e.g., case studies, fact sheets)
- What is C&D waste?
- Recycled building products
- Sustainable building
- “Construction and Demolition Debris” or “C&D Debris”: CalRecycle definition in Construction, Demolition, and Inerts (CDI) regulations
- C&D Waste and Inert Debris Disposal Regulations (CalRecycle)
- Construction and Demolition links (CalRecycle)
- Model C&D Ordinance (Alameda County)
- Model C&D Diversion Specifications (CalRecycle)
- Model C&D Diversion Ordinance (CalRecycle) Model C&D diversion ordinance
- Model Ordinance Board meeting (agenda item no. 13)
- C&D Diversion Ordinances
The following websites refer to individual jurisdiction sites that contain good C&D information.
- Alameda County Waste Management Authority
- City of Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation for all diversion programs.
- City of Oakland
- City of San Jose Certified facilities and deconstruction, recovery, and reuse listings.
- San Luis Obispo Integrated Waste Management Authority
- San Mateo County
The following websites refer to green building information.
- Green Building Design and Construction website (CalRecycle)
- Green Building Guidelines
- Green Building Specifications
- Santa Monica Green Building
- U.S. Green Building Council
The following websites refer to various organizations, bills, and out-of-state sites that contain C&D information.
- CRRA: California Resource Recovery Association’s Technical Council Construction and Demolition Council
- King County in Washington State
- Local assistance staff representative (CalRecycle)
- City of Portland’s Deconstruction Requirements
- U.S. EPA The U.S. EPA’s C&D debris website provides information and links to extensive resources and organizations covering the characterization, reduction, reuse, recycling, and management of C&D debris.
Below are useful publications related to C&D diversion.
- City of Atascadero Sample Language to present Model Ordinance to City Council
- CalRecycle Workshop on Construction and Waste Demolition Ordinances Transcript . The workshop transcripts and the July 8 C & D Workshop audio (00:03:14) are available.
- Publication: C&D Recycling Plans and Policies- A Model for Local Government Recycling and Waste Reduction
This document offers tools and strategies for C&D plans, case studies, as well as a wealth of additional references for Local Government C&D recycling and waste reduction, including an extensive list of contacts on the last page.
- Sample language for a recycling guide. San Luis Obispo Recycling Guide for C&D materials.
If you need help with your ordinance or this web page. Please feel free to contact Diana Suarez-Arguelles for help with your ordinance or for further information about this web page. Use “C&D Diversion Information Page” for the subject heading, so that your e-mail is properly directed. Alternatively, contact your local assistance staff representative.
For more information contact: Local Assistance & Market Development, LAMD@calrecycle.ca.gov