Several jurisdictions around the state have already gone through a construction and demolition (C&D) diversion ordinance development and adoption process, which may or may not include green building practices. Below are a few examples from different jurisdictions in California. Please keep in mind that this website will be continually updated and we are always looking for new case study examples to add to the list below:
- Alameda County Waste Management Authority (ACWMA) Job Site Case Study. ACWMA staff developed a case studies relating to greenbuilding, as well as tools for purchasing recycled content products and C&D diversion.
- Case Studies. Developed by CalRecycle’s C&D program staff on green building and deconstruction projects.
- Excerpts: Best Practices in Waste Reduction Video (Chapters 1 and 6). Below are two chapters in CalRecycle’s 12-chapter Best Practices in Waste Reduction video (Windows Media Video). All chapters are available to watch on YouTube or on our page.
- Chapter 1: Opening Overview: YouTube (00:02:38) | Transcript
- Chapter 6: C&D Diversion Ordinances: YouTube (00:04:01)| Transcript
Reducing waste can save you money, conserve energy and resources, and reduce air, soil, and water pollution. The Best Practices in Waste Reduction video shows you real options for recycling, reducing, or reusing solid waste products. Helping promote California’s development of markets for recyclable materials is part of our mission. We can help you with technical, financial, and permitting assistance. Please feel free to contact CalRecycle’s Office of Public Affairs for more information.
For more information contact: Local Assistance & Market Development, LAMD@calrecycle.ca.gov