Two workshops on multifamily recycling were held in Sacramento and Diamond Bar, California, on September 13 (Sacramento) and September 28, 2006 (Diamond Bar). The workshops were designed to assist recycling coordinators and other local officials who want to achieve greater success with recycling programs in apartments and condominiums.
The workshops offered information and data from recent pilot programs targeting apartments and condominiums, as well as successful ideas and tools to meet multifamily housing recycling challenges, increase quantity and quality of recyclables collected, and improve city and county diversion rates.
CalRecycle provides links to numerous resources for building successful recycling programs in apartment complexes and condominiums.
If you have questions about the multifamily workshops, please contact local assistance staff.
Several presentations made at the workshops are listed below as downloadable files. An e-mail contact is included for further information. (Please notice file sizes before downloading, as large file sizes may result in slow download time.)
- Introductory Presentation. Multifamily Recycling: Success Strategies--Steve Uselton, CIWMB (now CalRecycle).
- Results from Four Concurrent Multifamily Pilot Programs. Multifamily Recycling Program--Karen Coca, City of Los Angeles.
- Open Competitive Services with Hauler Requirement Gearing Up for Change--Michael Wonsidler, County of San Diego. September 28 workshop only.
- Multifamily Success Stories and Strategies for Suburban Settings. Making Multi-Family Dwelling Recycling a Reality-- Debby Kramer , South Bayside Waste Management Authority. September 13 workshop only.
- Tactics for Success in an Urban Environment. San Francisco Multi-Family Pilot-- Alexa Kelty , City of San Francisco. September 13 workshop only.
- Revitalizing an Existing Multifamily Program. Revitalizing Multi-family Recycling-- Lynn France , City of Chula Vista. September 28 workshop only.