Alert: This page contains historical data from CalRecycle's statewide goal measurement prior to 2007 that estimated a diversion percentage. For 2007 and subsequent years, CalRecycle compares reported disposal tons to population to calculate per capita disposal expressed in pounds/person/day.
- California Statewide Diversion Rate Statistics 1989-2006. Includes an explanation of the method used to determine the rate, as well as a discussion of factors impacting statewide solid waste generation, diversion and disposal information: 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | Table that contains 1989-1998.
- Goal Measurement: 2007 and later. Provides information on the goal measurement system for 2007 and later.
- Countywide, Regionwide, and Statewide Jurisdiction Diversion Progress Report. Provides both summary and detailed information on biennial review status, diversion rates, and waste diversion program implementation for all California jurisdictions..
- Trends in California Waste Generation, Disposal and Diversion from 1989-2006. Available as a graph and in table format.
- Population, Employment, Inflation-Adjusted Taxable Sales and Waste Disposal from 1991-2006. A color graph tracking the yearly change, in percent. This information is also available in table format.
- California Diversion Rate Ranges, by jurisdiction population. This chart, and a linked bar graph, compares the diversion performance of jurisdictions, as grouped by population.
- California Diversion Rate Ranges, by Region. This chart, and a linked bar graph, compares the diversion performance of jurisdictions, as grouped by region.
- Disposal Rates. Tables showing estimated residential and estimated nonresidential disposal rates from 1990 through 2006.