Note: Currently there is no Sustainable Building Grants and Contracts funding available or planned for solicitation.
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) has provided funding opportunities to State and Local Government agencies that are interested in promoting the concept of sustainable building. In the past, funding was made available in the form of competitive grants and contracts, to local government and state agencies to promote a whole building approach and to assist in the advancement and use of green building design and construction practices and techniques in California.
New Funding Opportunity
There is currently no sustainable building funding available or planned for solicitation, please check the CalRecycle’s main Grants page for other funding opportunities.
Current Grants and Contracts
There are currently no active sustainable building grants or contracts.
Past Grants and Contracts
- First Cycle Grantees, Projects and Deliverables: Background, project, and deliverables information on the 11 projects awarded grants at the February 2000 Board meeting.
- Second Cycle Grantees, Projects, and Deliverables: Background, project, and deliverable information on the six projects awarded grants at the October 2000 Board meeting.
- Lakeview Terrace Branch Library: Background, project, and deliverable information for the contract awarded, to the library, at the October 1999 Board meeting.
- Camp Arroyo: Background, project and deliverable information for the contract awarded in August 1999 to the East Bay Parks and Recreation department for Camp Arroyo, a summer youth camp and environmental education center.
- Building Material Emissions Study: Information on the Building Material Emissions Study funded by the CIWMB.
- Green Building Contracts with Local Government and State Agencies Background and project information on the five projects awarded contracts at the April 2002 Board meeting.
- City of San Francisco: Background and project information on the direct grant awarded to the city of San Francisco at the June 2002 Board meeting for the Golden Gate Concourse Parking Facility project.
- California Youth Authority (CYA): Background and project information on the direct grant awarded to CYA at the April 2003 Board meeting.
- Sustainable Building Tire Grant funds for Fiscal Year (FY) 2004/2005: This grant solicitation was not funded. Visit this page for more information.
- Building & Landscape Product Design Competition. Background and competition information on the Tire-Derived Sustainable Building Design Competition Contract awarded to California Exposition and State Fair at the December 2003 Board meeting.
- California Department of Parks and Recreation. Background and project information on the contract awarded at the May 2004 Board meeting.
- CalRecycle Grant, Payment and Loan Programs: Information about other grant and loan programs offered by CalRecycle, as well as a database of previous grant awards.