Greenhouse Gas Reduction Loan Program
Loan Program Information
CalRecycle administers the Greenhouse Gas Reduction (GHG) loan program to assist recycling manufacturers in financing machinery, equipment, and ancillary costs to site and expand in California (pursuant to Public Resources Code, section 42995).
Recycling manufacturers use waste materials generated in California to make recycled-content intermediate and/or final products, assisting local jurisdictions in complying with landfill diversion laws and supporting the Circular Economy.
- further the purposes of the California Global Warming Solutions Act (Assembly Bill 32)
- reduce methane emissions from landfills
- furthers GHG reductions in upstream resource management and manufacturing processes
- benefit disadvantaged communities by upgrading existing facilities
- establishing new facilities that reduce GHG emissions
- results in air and water quality improvements
- and creates jobs
This program is part of California Climate Investments, a statewide program that puts billions of cap-and-trade dollars to work reducing greenhouse gas emissions, strengthening the economy, and improving public health and the environment. The Cap-and-Trade program also creates a financial incentive for industries to invest in clean technologies and develop innovative ways to reduce pollution.
California Climate Investments projects include:
- affordable housing
- renewable energy
- public transportation
- zero-emission vehicles
- environmental restoration
- more sustainable agriculture
- and much more
At least 35 percent of these investments are made in disadvantaged and low-income communities.
For more information, visit California Climate Investments.
- Available Funds: FY 2022-23, $2.500,000 (estimated)
- For updates, send an email to:
Learn more about loans that have been awarded.