This site describes the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery’s (CalRecycle) organizational structure and the programs, functions, and services handled by each division and office. Each page also includes links to staff contact information . For information on specific activities, please go to the Site Index and choose a topic, or use the Search feature (located in the upper right corner of every page on this site).
CalRecycle is made up of three programmatic divisions, as well as two support divisions and several support/service offices as follows:
- Administration, Finance, and Information Technology Services Division
- Division of Recycling
- Materials Management and Local Assistance Division
- Waste Permitting, Compliance, and Mitigation Division
- Audits Office
- Education and the Environment Initiative | Education Office
- Legal Affairs Office
- Legislative Affairs Office
- Policy Development and Analysis Office
- Public Affairs Office
CalRecycle Delegation of Authority
The CalRecycle Director may choose to delegate certain responsibilities to other department designees. A Delegation of Authority (updated February 7, 2020) identifies which CalRecycle staff members have the authority to execute certain documents and decisions on the director’s behalf.