The mission of the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) is to restore, protect and enhance the environment, to ensure public health, environmental quality and economic vitality.
CalRecycle’s Mission Statement
Protecting California’s environment and climate for the health and prosperity of future generations through the reduction, reuse and recycling of California resources, environmental education, disaster recovery and the transition from a disposable to a fully circular economy.
To inspire and challenge Californians to achieve the highest waste reduction, recycling, and reuse goals in the nation through innovation and creativity, sound advancements in science and technology, and efficient programs that improve economic vitality and environmental sustainability.
CalRecycle Core Values
- We conduct our business activities in an open, transparent manner and engage stakeholders and the public in the development of policies and regulations.
- We provide the highest degree of administrative and fiscal responsibility.
- We act in an ethical, honest, and professional manner.
- We lead by example.
- We set realistic goals and achieve them.
- We value proactive communication with and are accountable to each other and our stakeholders.
- We do not hesitate when needing to take steps to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- We are at the forefront of developing and implementing new strategies to protect our natural resources.
- We make insightful recommendations that promote positive change.
- We value innovative policies and practices that promote sustainable communities.
- We use web-based technology to achieve maximum outreach in an efficient manner.
- We explore new techniques to address the waste and material streams.
- We research and share model programs and approaches for diversion and environmental stewardship.
- We adapt to meet new challenges.
- We provide high levels of customer service to both our internal and external customers.
- We continually evaluate the quality of our programs and services to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
- We create a work environment that values diversity, effective communication, and idea sharing.
- We value our staff for their institutional knowledge and celebrate their success, as well as provide opportunities for them to enhance their skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- We encourage, appreciate, and reward excellence.