Solid Waste Facilities
Notice and Order
Each jurisdiction’s local enforcement agency (LEA) or enforcement agency (EA) routinely inspects active and closed landfills, transfer stations, compost operations and facilities, construction and demolition operations and facilities, and other operations and facilities. The purpose of the inspections is to identify and document compliance issues with applicable State minimum standards and permit conditions.
Each LEA or EA may note a violation if a facility is found to not meet the requirements of each State minimum standard or permit requirements. The LEA or EA also has the ability to write and enforce notice and orders to require compliance with State minimum standards and permitting requirements at solid waste operations and facilities.
The notice and order (N&O) tool kit provides access to information and resources for writing a notice and order.
- Enforcement Orders: Listing of solid waste facilities and disposal sites under enforcement orders
- Regulations: Link to the CCR Title 14, Chapter 5, Section 18304.
- Tools and Resources: List of different types of N&Os, checklists, and a sample N&O from CalRecycle's Enforcement Assistance Section.
- Notice and Order Timeline: Timeline starting from the day the notice and order is issued and ending with final notice to CalRecycle.
- Presentations: Outlines of presentations on notice and orders and cease and desist orders.